Sunday 21 June 2015

Reading Learning Story!

In reading I have been learning to read the Information and look for key words to help me find the key information quickly to answer my questions.

I use what I already know about the war and conflict to help me know what the text is telling us.

When I am reading the text I can visualise the authors word's in my head. 

When I am skimming and scanning I am reading the key Info and taking the Ideas by holding it in my head, making notes and summerising the info in my own words.


I can ask a wondering question about the story or about my research about the war and somtimes use puntuations so the reader know's when to pause and take a breath.


My wondering questions help's me to find information and talk about NZ's involvement in wars with my buddy and my learning group .


In my reading I have been learning to use books in the library that is about the war and research it on the Internet too so I learn lots more. When I am researching on the internet I am learning to chose the best website. I need to check that the information is true.


Here are some links to my research:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2jYo8i7cm_F6JK4v2-ij_1kRZOfnFl5m5U760JZciY/edit


https://docs.google.com/document/d/17naotE6dJouR4aaLUSmwdZIOExAxAaLPOHIKnVGr7qQ/edit

Next Steps: Is to explain what the auther means because sometimes we need to read between the lines and look for clues tochelp us understand what the text is telling us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment