Sunday 21 June 2015

Maths learning story

In maths I have been learning to work together with a team by sharing my brainy thinking and explaining my ideas so that my whole team understands what I'm saying and how I solved the problem. 
This helps my learning team to be confident about maths and and being able to explain their own strategies. It means that no one is being a passenger. 

If they don't understand I can ask my learning team questions for e.g. " I don't understand, can you please explain it in a different way?"


Also in maths I learnt this new strategy using brackets. 

(12 x 14) + (10 x 10) + (10 x 04) + (10x02) + (02 x 04) = 100 + 40 + 20 + 8 = 168


This is how I can solve my problems when the numbers are bigger. It is a faster way to solve multiplication problems because I can use my times tables to multiply the hundreds then the tens and then the ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment